Thursday, September 25, 2008

Are you ready to Believe?

I'm an addict. Dave Eggars, you bastard! I picked up one of the latest issues of The Believer a couple of months ago and I just couldn't put it down. Now my collection of the back catalogue is slowly growing and I must say, it's probably the best magazine ever. In the fifthy fourth issue, there is an awesum interview with Kristen Schaal (Mel from Flight of The Conchords). Brilliant! They have also published parts of Michel Houellebecq's "Against nature, against life" about H.P. Lovecraft. Very intreging and well written.
Here's a clip with Kristen Schaal from the Edinburgh Festival. Hilarious!

She's my idol. Anyway, The Believer. You really should check it out. Well, anything published by McSweeney's Publishing is worth both your money and your time, I promise you. They also make a terrific DVD magazine, Wholphin. It's collections of short movies and documentaires. What can say, I'm swept off my feet.
/ M

No comments: